Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New Feature - The Pick

We talk about showing not telling, describing enough but not too much, creating imagery - all the things that make a piece good.

We talk about concrit, and how we struggle with knowing what to say.

Katie, Nichole and I want to try something new and we hope you're as excited about it as we are. Our plan is, once a week, to take one of our favorite posts written by one of you the week before - either from RemembeRED or Red Writing Hood - and show you all why it worked.

We will post it here and highlight certain passages, word choices, anything we feel illustrates good writing. 

Next week, I will pick. So bring it. And if you think you've done a great piece and I don't get a chance to visit, don't be afraid to nudge me with a tweet (@mommy_pants) to let me know I need to take a look.

As always, we appreciate your comments on this.




No comments: