Also? Don't be so shy, people! I know a lot of you were kinda feeling out the process last week, but everyone who participated did a fabulous job and seemed to enjoy it. So join in and link up this Friday!
We got this prompt from here. This could be a good way for us all to work on voice. And dialogue. And everything else.
Pick four numbers, each between 1 and 10.
Write them down so you remember.
The first number will be for your character, the second your setting, the third the time and the fourth will be the situation.
Then take the four elements and combine them into a short story.
All four you picked MUST be your main elements, but you can add in other characters, settings, times and situations.
1. A new mother
2. An actress
3. A recent high school graduate
4. A waitress
5. An alien
6. A homeless man
7. An elderly woman
8. A freshman in high school
9. A college student
10. A musician
1. The woods
2. A wedding reception
3. A party
4. A restaurant
5. A mall
6. A park
7. A beach
8. A lake
9. A baseball game
10. A seminar
2. During a thunderstorm
3. The morning after prom
6. Midnight or around midnight
8. In the middle of a fire
9. In the middle of a snowstorm
10. The afternoon
1. A death
2. Secret needs to be told
3. Someone has or will hurt someone
4. A crime has occured or is about to
5. Someone has lost/found something
6. Someone is falling in love
7. Reminiscing on how things change
8. There has been a family emergency
9. Something embarrassing happened
10. Someone has just gone to the doctor.