Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Featured Blogger - Jackie from With Just a Bit of Magic

Today's featured blogger writes about her insanely busy life at With Just a Bit of Magic.



1. Tell us about yourself: Hello! I'm Jackie and I work full time as a product manager at a small software development company in Michigan. It's a great company to work for and very family oriented. And as most people know I'm also a wife and mom to four great kids; Caitlin (14), Natalie (11), Lauren (8), and Andrew (9 months). And it all keeps me busy! I would love to be a stay at home mom or just work part time, but it's not in the cards right now! I love the time that I'm able to spend with my kids and family and make the most of it.

2. Give us a 30-second elevator pitch about your blog: Life is full of surprises, twists, and turns! You may as well enjoy the ride! I'm a mom to 4 kids, a wife (to my 5th child sometimes), and I work full time and it takes a bit of magic to keep my sanity and things running at my house. You may find things here about family, kids, work, cooking, or just about anything. It's my life.

3. What literary character would you be and why?: The first character that came to mind was Elizabeth Bennett from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. Now, I'm not sure why she came to mind either. It's one of the books that I really love and have read within the past year and one that I suggest that anyone read if they haven't yet. Elizabeth is a strong and independent woman that many can identify with. One that I can identify with as well.

4. If you carved your initials on a tree, what tree would it be and why?: It would have to be a huge old oak tree with large arching branches that seem to go on forever. The old oak would be the kind you can't reach your arms around, you can build a really cool tree house in, and spend an afternoon lounging underneath it in the shade reading a book.

5. What animal does your husband look like and why?: This is kind of funny! The first thing that came to mind was one of the circus monkey toys with the cymbals that it claps together! And I thought this because of a joke at work when we still worked together. But that's really not him. He's more of the big, warm, cuddly teddy bear. He's always there no matter what with open arms and an open heart.

6. If you could only save one post in a fire, which one would it be and why?: his is a tough one. I like many of them and at the same time there are some that are just crappy. But I selected one that isn't all that old. It's titled 10 Things I Believe.

No comments: