Wednesday, November 3, 2010

featured Blogger - Stephanie from The Scoop on Poop

Today's guest poster is Stephanie from the often funny, sometimes touching, but always real blog, The Scoop on Poop.

Tell us about yourself: Hi. My name is Stephanie. I’m a stay at home mother to a 10 and 3 yr old. I am a wife, a daughter, a healer, a taxi driver, a coach, a cheerleader, a short order cook in a 24/7/365 kitchen, a maid. I am a loyal friend, a playdate, a teacher, an artist, a daydreamer…of George Clooney, a clean house, well-behaved children, a million dollars, and seeing my name in print on the New York Time bestseller list.

Give us a 30-second elevator pitch about your blog: It’s a daily account of the sometimes ordinary, always dramatic, never dull adventures in my crazy-happy life.

What literary character would you be and why?: This is a hard question from me as I love to read. There are many characters I used to wish to be (or play in a movie as an aspiring actress as a kid), but when it all comes down to it, there is one character I would want to be above all others. Her name is Meggie, and she is the child heroine of Cornelia Funke’s Inkheart. If I were Meggie, I wouldn’t have to dream and wish about being a part of this story or that one. I could just read myself in and out of them---the girlfriend Mark Twain never got around to writing about for Huck Finn, or traveling with a star on a Wrinkle of Time, or surviving a long, cold winter on the prairie with Laura and Mary Ingalls. I would have the ability to write and read in to the stories the bits and pieces that are missing that I always longed for.

If you carved your initials on a tree, what kind of tree would it be and why?: It would most definitely be a weeping willow tree. Every single one of my daydreams has a willow in it, with its long branches reaching out to snuggle you in, providing a place of warmth to feed your imagination underneath. I have escaped to places called Narnia, chased unicorns, and flown in fairy dust underneath the willow tree. I have built sanctuaries, and dreamed of kissing my Prince Charming, all under the boughs of the willow tree.

What animal does your husband look like and why?: When I think of this question, a picture of my husband comes to mind, followed by a picture of Donkey, from Shrek, when he is smiling. My husband has a personality like Donkey too, with his quirky sense of humor, and always positive nature. Like Donkey, he’d give you the shirt of his back, he married a dragon, and he has a huge affection for sweets.

If you could save one post in a fire, which would it be and why?: I’m going to have to go with the cliché’ and say my very first post is the one I would save. It isn’t particularly interesting. It isn’t even particularly good. It is funny, but it’s where I started; the beginning of the wonderful world I found myself in, full of friendly faces, supportive backs, and hearty handshakes.

No comments: